We are currently seeking a Director of Community Engagement
Wander Project was founded in 2015 as a way to enable endurance athletes to successfully operate their own peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns. Our mission is through events, we empower individuals and organizations to raise funds for charitable causes that matter to them. We believe that we can harness the power of community to change the world!
The Director of Community Engagement (DCE) will work directly with the Executive Director and existing Wander Project community to develop and execute the organization’s fundraiser outreach. Additionally, the DCE will ensure engagement with our fundraisers, nonprofit partners and event companies is ongoing and continually meeting the needs of each distinct group. The ideal candidate is outgoing and relatable, communicates (verbally and in writing) exceptionally well and has the skills required to understand and connect with our fundraisers in a genuine and authentic way.
The DCE’s Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop systems to solicit feedback from our Peer-2-Peer fundraisers enabling continuous improvement by Wander Project
- Create media (videos, podcasts, pdfs, emails, printed media, etc) to recruit and onboard fundraisers more effectively as well to help fundraisers become more effective in their fundraising efforts
- Manage inquiries from fundraisers, coaching them on how to start and improve their campaigns
- Develop and execute advertising campaigns to increase the number of fundraisers per event
- Support the Executive Director in their outreach to and support of new non-profit partners and events
- Drive Wanderer’s Club recruitment and engagement through the Basecamp platform as well as through social media content and other communication methods, with focus on cultivating an upbeat and welcoming culture within the club
- The DCE will attend 6-10 events each year as a representative of Wander Project to build awareness and create connection with fundraisers
- Manage all website, social media and bulk email communications with fundraisers
Required skills and personality traits:
- A strong sense of community and ability to support efforts to help change the world
- A willingness to learn and grow with a young organization
- Flexibility to adapt to undefined roles and responsibilities (we’re a startup ;))
- A desire to provide high quality work and support to the organization and its members
- Outgoing personality, often to referred to as the “party planner of the group”
- Empathetic, with an ability to create programs in collaboration with our partners
- Ability to articulate both verbally and in writing important information with our partners
- Excitement to create a supportive community that wants to turn their passions into purpose
- Resourceful, known for exceptional problem solving skills
- Self-driven, able to work well remotely
- Travel 10-20% of the year to events
Preferred candidates will have some or all of the following:
- MPA or equivalent degree with an emphasis in marketing or communications
- Experience with WordPress, Buddy Boss, Facebook, Instagram, & Constant Contact
- Peer-to-peer fundraising experience (personally or professionally)
- Start-up experience working with a tiny team and limited resources on important projects
Salary and Benefits:
- $60,000-$70,000 Depending on Experience
- Paid travel to some of the most beautiful places in the U.S.
- Computer and phone
- Open vacation policy
How to apply:
Please submit an application which includes a current resume HERE!
The application will stay open until filled and we will start to review applications the week of July 25, 2022.