A Charity Bib is a way for you to turn a fun event into a meaningful contribution for a cause you care about. In short, if you register as a Charity Bib, instead of regular registration - you're agreeing to raise a minimum amount for the charity you want. When you register you'll see there a no registration fees for charity bibs, BUT you're committed to raising funds instead. Then you start fundraising! We'll support you every step of the way with tools, resources, and templates. Come race/event day you get to celebrate not only crossing the finish line but supporting your favorite nonprofit with a financial gift.
Wander Project is a 501c3 and all donations are tax-deductible.
Minimums range between $500 and $3000 depending on the length and duration of the event.
- 90 Days Prior to Event -Removal deadline- Fundraisers may have the option to be removed from the event as long as: it is more than 90 days before the event date; AND the charity bibs for the event are not sold out; AND they did not already transfer into this event.
- 6 Weeks Prior to Event - Charity Bib participants are required to have 75% of their funds raised at this time. If they do not, the are required to schedule a call with Wander Project staff to review their fundraising plan.
- 4 Weeks Prior to Event - If you are raising funds for "your choice" of charity you MUST have this form completed 30 days out. If we do not have this form completed we will not be able to disperse funds to your chosen charity.
- 2 Weeks Prior to Event - This is the deadline for fundraising for any event. We cannot guarantee funds received after this will be counted towards your minimum fundraising goal. Close any Facebook fundraisers. All matching donations and checks must be RECEIVED by this date.
- 1 Week Prior to Event - Credit cards are charged for any difference between funds raised and minimum. Funds received after this time in any platform are not factored in towards your minimum fundraising balance.
- Sold Out Events - If you are registered for an event that sells out you will not be able to cancel your charity bib regardless of how many days out unless we are able to fill your spot.
You choose from our Official Nonprofit Partners OR you can choose a charity of your choice. Your choice charities must be a 501c3 and U.S. Based.
When you register you'll be asked to provide the name and contact information for your chosen charity on this form. The Wander Project staff will evaluate the charity to make sure they are a legal nonprofit and in good standing. If for some reason they are not, you will be notified and able to select another charity.
Yes! In fact our 2021 Top Overall Fundraiser did not use social media! Social media is not required to successfully fundraise and we have tools to support you however you choose to raise funds and awareness for the causes that matter to you.
You do not! Start fundraising as soon as you sign up! You'll complete a form about your charity when you get your welcome letter from Wander Project. Then Wander Project will reach out to your charity in the calendar year of the event to coordinate verification. If for some reason Wander Project cannot verify your selected charity. We'll let you know and you'll be able to pick another organization to send your funds.
In the verification process we check with your selected charity for: 1) U.S. Based, 2) Official 501c3 verification 3) In good standing with the IRS/Last 990 or tax filing
We do! Most matching funds take 30-60 days to be received by Wander Project. You'll want to make sure the issuer includes your name on the documentation. This way we can match it to your fundraiser. All matches must be send to Wander Project. We are not able to verify donations sent directly to your selected charity.
Funds must be in your account two weeks before your event to count towards your minimum.
So many! From your welcome email and checklist to tutorial videos, monthly meet-ups, one-on-ones, templates, social media post, in-person event ideas, and more. We're here to help - whether you want someone to spell check your fundraising page or you'd like to talk about hosting an event for your friends and family, we're here to help! You also receive a complimentary membership to the Wanderer's Club - an online Basecamp for other current and past Charity Bibs to connect!
Absolutely, BUT for it to count towards the minimum amount you must raise - the beneficiary must be Wander Project. This is the only way we can receive the funds to add them to your Official Fundraising page associated with your race entry. The funds still go to the nonprofit you've selected but to add them to your account, we have to be able to see them!
Choosing to register as a Charity Bib is a serious commitment. One week before your event, your credit card will be charge for the difference if you are below the minimum.
So if your event's minimum is $1000.00 and you have raised $900.00, your credit card will be charged $100.
- Funds are dispersed twice a year - July and December. Your charity will receive funds in the grant period that first occurs after your event.
- Rates vary based on the nonprofit partnership agreement on file and range from 65-80%.
- If you have selected to fundraise for a charity of your choice must have the required documentation completed from your charity prior to grant dispersal. When you register you'll complete this form in your welcome packet so we can reach out to your charity with what we need. We must have the above form completed 30 days prior to your event. If we do not have your completed form funds will be dispersed to Wander Project.
- If you complete your bib minimum and
- You are raising funds for one of Wander Project’s official Nonprofit Partners they will receive the following rate: National Partner 80%, Regional Partner 75%, Local Partner 70%.
- You are raising funds for your choice of charity, after being verified your charity will receive 65% of the funds raised.
- If you raise between $20,000 and $49,000 Wander Project will increase the dispersal rate to 75%.
- If you raise over $50,000 Wander Project will increase the dispersal rate to 80%.
- If you do not complete your bib minimum (i.e. cancel, card doesn’t go through to pay the minimum, etc.) and
- You are raising funds for an official Nonprofit Partner the funds will be dispersed as outlined above.
- You are raising funds for a charity of your choice and have completed the charity verification form, funds over $100 will be dispersed at a rate of 65%. If you have raised less than $100 and/or have not completed the charity verification form, all donations will stay with Wander Project. As Wander Project is a 501c3 all donations regardless of dispersal are tax deductible.
If you are raising for one of our Official Nonprofit Partners your funds (however much you raised) will be distributed to the charity you selected based on the partnership rate agreed upon - typically 80%.
If you are raising for a charity of your choice there are two possibilities.
1) If you have raised over 75% of your minimum at the time of cancellation your funds will be distributed as per the agreement with your designated charity. If no partnership agreement is in place at the time of the distribution we will provide them with 65% of the raised funds.
2) If you have raised less than 75% of your minimum at the time of cancellation your funds will be donated in full to Wander Project.
Self made changes in your RunSignUp portal or requests through the Event Partner will not update/change your charity bib status due to the associated fundraiser. Please contact Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org for any changes.