Dear Virtual Running Club, Vacation Races and Virtual Athletes,
Wander Project is honored to receive funds from the Stay Home and Backyard Ultra virtual races this year. The gift of $86,041.16 received on July 21, 2020 will help ensure that we can continue to empower athletes to do more for the local communities that inspire them to run!
Through the generosity of the Virtual Running Club and Vacation Races athletes, we have been able to grant out over $165,000 to a variety of community partners in 2020. Out of that, over $53,000 was raised through community fundraisers during the virtual races. Below is a quick glimpse of the community beneficiaries we were able to support since the pandemic:
- 18 Food Banks/Health Care Providers
- 6 Small Business/Restaurants
- 5 Organizations that Provide Supports for Vulnerable Populations
- 4 Agencies Providing Direct Support/Emergency Care for Frontline Workers
- 2 OrganizationsSupporting Children and Families Facing Critical Illness
- 2 Organizations Preserving/Conserverving of Public Lands
- 2 Organizations Working to Protect Human Rights (including research around injustice and supporting the LGBTQIA+)
- 1 Research Lab focused on COVID-19
- 1 Horse Rescue
- 1 Domestic Violence Shelter
- 1 Organization Focused on Youth Literacy
We are continually inspired by the athletes, the stories for why they are choosing to raise funds, and the work they put into engaging their friends and family in their efforts. We could not be more grateful to be a part of such a caring community.
Wander Project, our staff and our board of directors are looking forward to supporting athletes in future events and sharing in the joy that comes with being able to support communities. We know that together we can accomplish more!
For more information about Wander Project, how to become involved or to learn more about our community partners, please visit our website at: www.wanderproject.org
Thank you again to everyone who supported Wander Project through the virtual races!